Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Washington Commanders New Era 2023 NFL Draft T-Shirt

Link Buy: https://is.gd/NUCCQI

title. How does heritage come in? Through my line, I get to explore my rich heritage as a Yoruba (an ethnic group in Western Nigeria) person. I want to contribute to centuries-old conversations on African design. My ancestors left so much behind. I believe they expected us to continue telling these stories and building up on what they left. I am a huge admirer of the and I love this works of Demas Nwoko and Yusuf Grillo, two amazing artists that were part of the Zaria Art Rebels in the ’70s, a group of Nigerian artists whose works aimed to develop aesthetics, styles, and techniques relevant to a new African society. I am particularly inspired by the architecture of Demas Nwoko and I have been on research trips to study his designs across Nigeria.


titletype




mockup
title_link . What techniques do you use? (I think some are very traditional?) Yes, especially adire, a very old form of storytelling through fabric via a series of resist dye techniques. I was intrigued by the and I love this idea behind this process, wearing stories on one’s body. I wanted to explore adire in a contemporary way, so I developed my own process I call Post-Adire, an opportunity for me to push adire dyeing techniques into new contexts like knitwear and creating motifs that are important to me.


You Can See More Product: category_link

No comments:

Post a Comment